Polygraph.info is looking for a journalist / fact-checker with experience in international news reporting, online content verification and digital publishing.
Working full-time, selected Fact-Check Reporter will conduct research to verify veracity and validity of public statements and information published and shared socially in English and Russian languages; produce multimedia fact-checking reports for the Polygraph.info website, and engage the audience on social media.
S/he will perform intensive, in-depth research for fact-checks and special investigative journalism reports on disinformation and misinformation, with a special focus on Russian-language content. S/he will thoroughly investigate foreign government statements, state media, social media, and other sources for fact-checking reports (separating fact from fiction, providing context, and debunking false statements). S/he shall demonstrate communication and organizational skills, and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Expert proficiency and fluency in English and Russian.
- Extensive knowledge of Russia, its people, language, culture, institutions, and political situation in the region.
- Demonstrated digital journalism experience, and knowledge and ability to use and navigate through social media platforms, including channels popular among Russian speakers.
- Experience contributing to or creating video social media programs, such as on YouTube and Instagram, is a plus.
- Knowledge of open source intelligence techniques is a plus.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.